These delicious chocolate truffles are delicious and surprisingly healthy and would make a great gift to anyone especially someone with dairy or gluten intolerance. The recipe I used is from a health food book called Deliciously Ella Everyday.
- 500g of medjool dates
- 200g of nuts ( I used mostly Brazil nuts but the recipe says almond)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- extra cacao powder for rolling ( also here I used an alternative the recipe says baobab powder which would make them fizzy but I have no idea where you can buy that from.)
First start by measuring out the nuts and the dates. With your dates if they are not already pitted you need to remove the stones from inside them.
Next blend the nuts and then the dates using a food processor and add them to a bowl. With the other ingredients.
Mix it until it’s all combined into a dark chocolaty mixture. Use your hand to make small balls and roll these on a plate covered with cacao powder. Do this until all the mixture is used up.
Leave them in the fridge for a few hours. Take them out and enjoy!